Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2009

Prevalence of wealth




I’m that fate less offal who is hearing the screams of innocent children who are weeping for an only loaf of bread, who is watching the slaughtered persons for the truth’s sake, the poor father licking loyally the boots of riches, the murdered guiltless person whose soul is seeking for solace in the jungle of kindness, a kashmiri, a Bosnian, a Palestinian knocking at the door of UN but are kicked out by money mongers; but, can’t do anything. These all blood curdling spiteful acts are just because of wealth. Due to wealth’s prevalence humanity is declined.

When I see my left, my right, everywhere, I just see riches want to buy the law, powerful persons, leaders want judges change their decisions through black money. I see Socrates consuming the bowl of poison, nelson Mandela revolting against the money stores, Tipu Sultan waging war against the wealthy Westerners and Julius caser being slain by Brutus. Everywhere I witness the wealth assuming wide variety of shapes and shades to deprive the destitute of their due rights. Poor people are tortured and jostled towards the feral fog of aggravation and ignorance.

Wealth’s prevalence is causing awful and brutal acts on the poor people; it is driving us into the deep and dark dungeon of destruction. Just think about that person who dies with fifty and sixty millions and trillions of dollars in the city full of wants and needs, where the withered hands of beggary cut for the sake of a single coin, where virtue, honesty and hard work bury at the foot of fearful vice. Such was the set of cruel conditions prevailing in the society which caused Oliver Goldsmith to say and I quote:
I’ll fares the land, to hastening ills a prey
Where wealth accumulates and men decay,
Princes and lords may flourish or may fade
A breathe can make them as a breathe has made,
But the bold peasantry their country’s pride
When once destroyed can never be supplied.

Thus, shivering mountains, thundering lights, sere flowers and my shaking body shriek shrilly that due to wealth’s intoxication everybody has become blind and deaf-mute!

1 comment: